Helping you manage your team’s health and absences with our pay-as-you-use service
Staff absences can put a strain on any team, so knowing how to manage the issue sensitively but decisively is crucial.
Our pay-as-you-use service connects you with a national network of 270 occupational health experts. They provide a management referral service to assess people’s fitness for work, as well as a health assessment service for new employees, advising on reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities.
"We are very happy with the OH service, which has been informative and timely allowing us to deal effectively with long and short-term absence in a supportive way."
Sandra Peacock, HR The Deepings School
What are the benefits?
Our occupational health service delivers:
- pay-as-you-use access to a high quality, independent service
- help in reducing the cost of staff absence and sickness
- a professional and rapid approach to managing sickness and absence
- support for managers to appropriately handle employee sickness issues
- reduced staff turnover by improving retention
- support in compliance with Health & Safety and Disability Legislation
- increased staff morale through effective management of unnecessary absence
- help in alleviating and managing stress at work
- significant return on investment
Clients tell us that our service has really helped them to reduce absences, run more effective teams and has more than paid for itself through reduced costs from staff sickness.
How does it work?
- The management referral service provides independent medical advice and opinion on a member of staff’s fitness for work. The report is clear and unambiguous providing you with the information needed to ensure a co-ordinated strategy for the employee’s treatment and return to work.
- Health assessments for new employees provide a cost-effective and time efficient way to manage the health of potential new employees at the point of recruitment. The questionnaire demonstrates that appropriate procedures are in place, helps identify if “reasonable adjustments” should be made in order to fulfil your Disability Legislation obligations at the point of recruitment.
- On-site health checks help to maintain and improve the health and wellbeing of your staff by raising awareness of both work-related and lifestyle health issues. The most popular services include “Know your numbers” and “General Wellness” days when blood pressure, cholesterol, Body Mass Index and other readings are taken.
- A national service with over 270 occupational health physicians who are clinically managed by a central team.
Our service helps you meet your legal duties – it’s an accredited Safe, Effective, Quality Occupational Health Service (SEQOHS) – and reduces the costs caused by absence.
Find out more
If you would like to find out how our Occupational Health service can help support you to be your best, please: